In short: no.
- task that want to do I/O write call to driver write
- driver operations are performed asynchronously
- write operations on devices is done without CPU involved
- finish of writing is done via interrupt
- interrupt, schedules
Deferred Procedure Call
Asynchronous Procedure Call
APCnotifies thread that I/O write is done
- task that was doing I/O is scheduled with continuation of its method after I/O is done.
- some threads might need to be borrowed for handling APC and such but no thread is spawn to handle I/O
I recommend reading this post: https://blog.stephencleary.com/2013/11/there-is-no-thread.html. This will explain the topic much better than I can.